ACT Cricket Association provides the ACT and Southern NSW Region cricket community with first class sporting and training facilities within the Manuka Oval precinct. Manuka Oval is the premier Cricket and AFL venue in the region hosting International and First Class cricket matches along with AFL Premiership matches.
First and Second Year Apprentice Greenkeepers
The past year has seen Manuka Oval host 4 One Day International’s, Big Bash Final, Prime Ministers XI cricket matches and 4 AFL Matches. The recent upgrades to Manuka Oval have seen the interest in Cricket and AFL increase around the region. This now has seen the creation of a new multi-million dollar upgrade of a separate High Performance training centre for Cricket and AFL.
We have two exciting opportunities for enthusiastic, reliable and motivated people to join our Turf Management Team, one as an Apprentice Greenkeeper and the other as a 2nd year Apprentice. As well as preparing Manuka Oval and the High Performance centre,the Turf Management team also looks after other external Premier cricket pitch preparation around the ACT.
Successful applicant must demonstrate;
- Willingness to learn about all aspects of the turf industry,
- The ability to work in a team environment or autonomously in the future,
- A provisional drivers licence is desirable.
The successful applicants will be a permanent indentured apprentices attending CIT part-time for the duration of the apprenticeship. The job entails weekend work and over-time, also they must be flexible as the working day may vary from time to time. All uniforms will be supplied as well as safety equipment.
Interested persons should apply in writing with a cover letter and CV addressed to:
Brad van Dam
PO Box 3379
Manuka ACT 2603
or Email email@example.com
Applicants must be an Australian Resident.
Applications close 21 August 2015
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation's premier sporting bodies, with a vision for Cricket to be Australia's favourite sport and a sport for all Australians. Operating within the sports and entertainment industry, CA is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level.
Senior Manager, Game & Market Development Strategy
One of the key pillars to Australian cricket’s strategy is to “increase participation substantially and inspire the next generation of players and fans”. The CA Game and Market Development function is central to this pillar and is responsible for overseeing all of cricket’s development activity, from the grassroots through to the highest levels. This senior leadership role oversees strategic planning and product development activities for participation and champions consumer centricity within the organisation.
The successful candidate will:
- Implement a robust strategic planning process to develop the National Game and Market Development strategy in support of our Vision to grow participation substantially and inspire the next generation of players and fans.
- Translate the strategy into an integrated functional plan that identifies strategic actions required to deliver on annual objectives and key priorities.
- Maintain and strive to continuously improve the National Cricket Census; conduct analysis and provide timely reporting on participation trends.
- Gather key insights, identify research requirements, and analyse consumer and environmental trends to inform our planning and product development processes.
- Champion the promotion of participation and the value of participants to Australian Cricket noting that participation is a key driver of fan engagement.
- Develop a strategic plan for development of cricket facilities and infrastructure in support of grassroots and community cricket participation. Manage the National Community Facilities Manager ensuring a database of community cricket facilities is built and key stakeholder relationships established to ensure sufficient supply of quality infrastructure and facilities to meet projected demand.
- Establish a robust new product development process to assist program managers in developing and implementing compelling product and format offers to meet cricket consumer needs.
- Establish a formal programme management approach to IT system and Digital product development. Manage the GMD systems analyst and ensure widespread adoption of IT systems and tools (eg. The CROWD; MYCricket;)
This is a pivotal leadership role in Australian cricket and as such you must have a proven track record in strategy development and consumer marketing; you should be able to demonstrate strong financial skills and sound commercial acumen, Any experience working within business consulting and/or the sports industry will be considered an advantage. Your ability to foster and maintain relationships with stakeholders is outstanding, as is the passion and drive you will bring into this truly exciting opportunity. A relevant tertiary qualification is essential.
Please call 03 9653 9902 to speak to our Recruitment Team.
Applications close 24 August 2015
BBL Event Presentation and Operations Specialist
Working within the Cricket Operations Department, as the BBL Event Presentation & Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for planning and coordinating the delivery of consistent and high quality Big Bash League matches from a presentation and operations perspective.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop a consistent framework for BBL Event Presentation activities to ensure alignment and delivery against strategy
- Provide leadership and direction to BBL Clubs in the development of national BBL Event related initiatives
- Manage suppliers in the delivery of event presentation elements
- Development and implementation of BBL graphic program (vision screen , LED perimeter boards, and sightscreen)
- Coordinate CA commercial and event requirements as they relate to BBL events
- Ability to multi-task and handle a significant amount of information
- Highly personable and customer service focussed at all times with outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure with minimal supervision
- Very strong computer skills including online software capabilities, MS Excel and MS Word
You will have proven experience in the sports or entertainment events industry, and outstanding skills in leading and influencing a diverse group of stakeholders. Highly organised with the proven ability to work autonomously or as a positive member of a close knit team, you have exceptional time management and superior communication skills.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are looking to work in a high profile environment, this may be the role for you!
Applications close 26 August 2015
Public Policy & Government Relations Adviser
The Public Policy & Government Relations Adviser will develop and co-ordinate public policy and government relations activity in South Australia, with a focus on developing and maintaining relationships with the SA Government and municipal governments. The role will report to the General Manager – Public Policy & Government Relations, with a dotted line to the Chief Executive of the SACA.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively identify and analyse a range of complex federal, state and local government sports policy issues within South Australia, and provide recommendations to the General Manager – Public Policy and Government Relations on those issues
- Possess a comprehensive network of contacts and relationships with key offices within the South Australian Government and with municipal governments, to help deliver funding for key projects and programs of significance to Cricket Australia and Australian cricket
- Possess a comprehensive network of contacts and relationships with key offices within the South Australian Government and with municipal governments, to help ensure that the views and perspectives of Australian Cricket on policy matters are conveyed to government
- Develop and maintain relationships with Australian Cricket stakeholders and other professional sporting bodies as required to improve outcomes for Australian Cricket
- Manage daily communications with federal, state and local government and other stakeholders within South Australia
- Prepare and execute government and public policy communication plans
- Develop and execute an agreed strategy across all levels of Government
- As appropriate, represent Australian Cricket in government meetings/forums
- Prepare briefing papers and reports for CA and SACA Board and CEO as required
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in the Humanities, Economics, Politics or Law
- Experience at federal, state or local government level
- Extensive networks within state and federal politics and a detailed understanding of Australian political processes (including internal matters of political parties, government & the parliament)
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Previous public policy and government relations experience (desirable)
- An understanding of and passion for the game of cricket (desirable)
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.
Applications close 26 August 2015
Australian Cricketers' Association
The Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) is the official collective and representative body of professional cricketers in Australia, safeguarding the rights of present and past, male and female elite cricketers.