Cricket Victoria is one of Australia's leading sporting organisations with the responsibility of developing and overseeing cricket throughout the state to underpin growth and participation and contribute to the success of the Victorian and Australian cricket teams. From grassroots cricket to the elite teams - the Bushrangers, VicSpirit, Melbourne Stars and Melbourne Renegades - we nurture and promote the development and success of the sport for all Victorians.
Regional Cricket Manager - West Metro
We are currently seeking a passionate and driven Regional Cricket Manager to facilitate the promotion, organisation and development of Victorian cricket in the West Metro region. As part of this role you will work closely with Local Government, local cricket associations, the Melbourne Renegades and other key Victorian cricket stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Promoting the development and enjoyment of all forms of cricket
- Increasing sustainable participation in male and female cricket clubs as well as entry level cricket programs
- Implementation of Cricket Victoria and Cricket Australia programs for male and female cricket across schools and communities
- Management of regional budgets
- Management of a casual field force
Your participation in after hours and weekend clinics, meetings and events will be required on occasion.
To be successful you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in sports management, teaching or related fields
- A strong understanding of sport from playing, administering or coaching
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to develop relationships and work under pressure
- Intermediate skills in the Microsoft Office suite and specifically customer relationship management systems
- Strong numeracy and excellent time management skills
- A current Driver’s License and valid Working with Children Check is required to fulfil the role
What Cricket Victoria will offer you:
- A competitive salary package
- A fully maintained motor vehicle
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Access to MCG events
- Discounted sponsor products
- An opportunity to work in an industry you love
If you are ready to launch into a new career with Cricket Victoria, we want to hear from you.
Applications close 26 November 2015
Head of Commercial
This state sporting organisation carries responsibility for developing and overseeing this high profile sport across the State, underpinning its growth and participation, and contributing to the success of both Victorian and Australian teams. This newly-created role will unite commercial properties and strategies of key assets to lead group commercial objectives.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, and leading a small team, the Head of Commercial will build commercial, sponsorship and partnership strategies, and identify potential opportunities to attract new investment and revenue streams into the group. With individual brand objectives, the role will secure and manage new and existing relationships, customise sponsorship properties, and funnel revenue streams based on partner and group commercial objectives. Focused on corporate revenue, the position will plan and manage sponsor-related activities and events, service commercial partner needs, customise and develop product offerings, and implement new concepts to drive growth across the group.
You are tertiary qualified, with proven sponsorship and/or B2B sales skills. You are a senior relationship management professional with a relevant and current corporate network, and knowledge in contemporary commercial sales practices. Your ability to establish, grow and harvest commercial investment has seen you develop a pipeline of opportunities with mid to long term returns. Highly strategic, you demonstrate big picture thinking, and maintain a hands-on face-to-face approach when seeking potential partners. Solutions-focused in your craft to procure brand-aligned sponsors and partners, you demonstrate creativity and are skilled to represent the group in commercial negotiations.
For more information, please contact Dalia Klein on +61 3 8620 8004 or Sarah Trainor on +61 3 8620 8014 at SHK, exclusively retained search consultants.
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation’s premier sporting bodies, with the vision for Cricket to be Australia’s favourite sport and a sport for all Australians. CA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment, and is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket nationally.
Multicultural Participation Manager
As part of our aim to be a sport for all Australians, CA’s strategy is to increase participation across all forms of Cricket, which reflect the diversity of Australia’s population.
The Multicultural Participation Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the National Multicultural Cricket Strategy and grow engagement amongst focus communities (South Asian and Girls and Women from a multicultural background). This is a pivotal role requiring high-level expertise in the engagement of multicultural markets, marketing and communications as well as sound project management skills.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven Marketing/communications background
- Strong understanding of multicultural communities with preference to experience in engaging South Asian and/or Chinese communities
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong influencing and initiative taking skills
- Demonstrated capability to develop and support delivery of national programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Existing community relationships and networks
- Revenue raising capabilities and experience (commercialisation of assets and fundraising through Government and other partners
If you are ready to make a difference and help cricket to become Australia’s favourite sport, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: A working with children check is required for this position
Applications must be made online by 30 November 2015.
Enquiries should be sent to email@example.com or call 03 9653 9902 to speak to our Recruitment Team.
Please note, applications sent to this email address will not be accepted.
Applications close 30 November 2015
International Cricket Council
The International Cricket Council (“ICC”) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket. The role will be based at our headquarters in Dubai.
Event Operations Manager
We are currently looking for an Event Operations Manager to join the Events team for the efficient management of the ICC events through planning, procurement and implementation phase.
Responsibilities of the Event Operations Manager will include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordination of drafting events budget in conjunction with other members of the event department, the host and other ICC departments
- Management of framework for Event Operations Managers and Host Liaison on event planning, including management of updates to operational plans for all events and monitoring of timelines for activity
- Manage the Members Participation Agreement submissions process for designated events and production of a monthly update report on designated events.
- Liaison role between the relevant ICC departments involved in an event including management of regular internal update meetings for all departments
- Drafting and maintenance of ICC staff deployment schedule according to budgeted plans and required itineraries
- Manage the RFP / ITT procurement processes for requirements for designated ICC events to engage suppliers as required
- Manage the VIK determination and order process (drinks, clothing, electronic equipment etc.) and ensure an appropriate delivery recording mechanism is agreed
- Oversee the creation of event contingency plans and relocation strategies as necessary
- Oversee the development of a ticketing policy for each designated ICC event which enables ICC to meets the expectations of commercial partners and the international public
- Ensure appropriate levels of insurance are in place for each designated event in conjunction with ICC finance department
- Liaison with ICC finance department on event tax planning and appropriate budgeting protocols
- Manage post event team recharges
- In conjunction with the Finance department and the hosts, finalise event accounts to a position where they are ready for audit
- Management of process to determine event delivery / presentation protocols for each event and all proposed activity taking place at an event venue
- Approval of final overall schedule of activity at a venue including content of replay screen, PA announcer guidelines and event delivery SOPs
- Perform an ICC Venue Manager role at events where required
- Management of recording and reconciliation of commercial VIK receivables for all events
- Contribution to the drafting of the annual event department objectives and operational plan
- Contribution towards the content of the ICC event tool box
- Build sports management knowledge, external relationships and internal networks to ensure optimum service delivery
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- Ideally two to four years’ experience in events and preferably within the sport of cricket
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including proven writing ability
- Knowledge/understanding of cricket and passion for the sport
- Computer literate with good administrative, project management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, prioritise and deliver projects on time
- Experience of working with people from different cultures
- Motivated, enthusiastic attitude and able to work creatively on own initiative
- Good team player with flexible approach
- Willingness and ability to travel for longer durations is desirable
Conditions of employment
- The position is based in Dubai and will report to the Head of Events
- The selected candidate to furnish two recent work references
- Compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter to:
Due to the expected overwhelming number of high quality applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 30 November 2015