Queensland Cricket is committed to growing the game of cricket in our great state. Our mantra is – Australia’s favourite sport, Australia’s favourite state.
QC is an operation of more than 100 full-time employees located throughout the State. It is administered by a leadership team headed by Chief Executive Officer Geoff Cockerill under the direction of a nine-person Board of Directors, headed by Jim Holding.
Female Participation Specialist
The Female Participation Specialist is a new full time two year position responsible for driving female participation in community cricket. The role is focused on engaging girls in the game through the establishment and growth of tailored girl's competitions and in so doing growing sustainable participation.
The role requires the ability to work with multiple stakeholders across all levels of Australian Cricket including:
- Local Cricket Associations, Clubs and Secondary Schools
- Regional Cricket Managers and Club Development Managers
- Junior Participation Specialists
- WBBL Clubs and players
- The role is responsible for the management and continuous monitoring of the Growing Cricket for Girls funding scheme recipients. Recipients will include Local Cricket Associations, Community Clubs and Secondary Schools.
Working collaboratively with stakeholders you will take strategic actions which will support sustainable female participation including:
- Support of the MILO entry level programs
- Advise clubs on appropriate game formats, use of compliant equipment and accredited coaches
- Advise and assist clubs on suitable environment and facilities
- Support and promotion of Cricket Australia's diversity and inclusion program A Sport For All.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an in depth understanding of sport development focused on female participation and engagement with sport or physical activity. Your ability to foster and maintain relationships with stakeholders is outstanding, as is the passion and drive you will bring into this truly exciting opportunity.
Interested candidates should address their application via Seek by COB Friday 19.
Cricket Victoria is one of Australia's leading sporting organisations with the responsibility of developing and overseeing cricket throughout the state to underpin growth and participation and contribute to the success of the Victorian and Australian cricket teams. From grassroots cricket to the elite teams - the Bushrangers, VicSpirit, Melbourne Stars and Melbourne Renegades - we nurture and promote the development and success of the sport for all Victorians.
Community Marketing Specialist
- Professional sporting organisation
- Dynamic and progressive culture
- Challenging and rewarding position
We are currently seeking a driven and enthusiastic Community Marketing Specialist to lead, plan and coordinate an integrated marketing and communications plan that connects the Big Bash League (BBL) and Women's Big Bash League (WBBL) with Game Development programs and activities for growth in participation and attendance in cricket.
This exciting new opportunity is part of Cricket Victoria's largest department Game & Market Development (GMD) and will report directly into the General Manager (GM) GMD.
The key responsibilities will range from -
- Develop and oversee the delivery of an integrated marketing communication plan across Game & Market Development (GMD) and the BBL clubs (Melbourne Stars/Melbourne Renegades).
- Build brand equity through the identification of current/existing assets within GMD that can align with BBL clubs.
- Develop new opportunities to maximise the participation and fan link through product development within a participation setting (e.g. schools, clubs and communities).
- Identify opportunities for the building of new membership and fan base via targeted campaigns within GMD activities.
- Explore opportunities to engage and connect the BBL clubs with community cricket competitions and activities inclusive of club support and development, girl's competitions and T20 tournament style community competitions.
- Maximise the local impact of national participation marketing campaigns through grassroots cricket to increase participation (MILO T20 Blast, girls and school participation specifically) and BBL attendance.
- Ensure alignment via training and education across the GMD team for all community fronting activities.
The successful candidate will need to have tertiary education in a marketing or related degree and at least 3 years' experience. Additionally, he or she will have but not be limited to -
- A natural ability for building genuine relationships and working proactively with multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding and analysing market segmentation and building targeted campaigns.
- An ability to leverage the profile of a professional sporting brand and convert to community and grassroots participation and fan development.
- Flexibility to be available out of normal working hours, where required throughout the year.
- Experience with sports or other relevant lifestyle brands and an understanding of a competitive sports environment.
If you think you fit the bill and would like to make this role your next career step -Apply Here by COB 19th August.
Events and Sponsorship Coordinator - Melbourne Stars
The Melbourne Stars is a high profile BBL team playing in the KFC T20 Big Bash League (BBL) and the Women's Big Bash League (WBBL) in Australia. The Melbourne Stars continue to grow due to the increasing interest, popularity and participation in Australian cricket particularly the BBL and WBBL.
The Melbourne Stars is owned and supported by Cricket Victoria which is one of Australia's leading sporting organisations with the responsibility of developing and overseeing cricket throughout the state. However, the Melbourne Stars is directly managed by a small and dedicated team who aim to deliver entertaining world class cricket to all their fans from the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
We are currently seeking an energetic and motivated Events & Sponsorship Coordinator who will be responsible with assisting the Fan, Community & Events Manager with the roll out of all Melbourne Stars events and community programs. The Events & Sponsorships Coordinator will also assist the Commercial Partnerships Manager to service sponsors and assist their activations on match day. In addition, he or she will be responsible for all office administration for the Melbourne Stars.
The key responsibilities will range from but will not be limited to -
- Successfully coordinate Melbourne Stars community events community events.
- Arrange correspondence for various community programs.
- Coordinate all handling all invitations to events and giveaways (acquisition and distribution) at events.
- Liaise directly with schools and cricket clubs on the Stars Club and Stars Schools program.
- Match Day assistance including managing concourse set up including sponsors activation coordination, innings break activations, monitoring of post-match giveaways, autographs, money can't buy experiences e.g. sideline station.
- Assisting with the to service sponsors, including, but not limited to, concourse activations, giveaways, promotional staff and corporate hospitality.
- Assist with sponsor servicing by developing reviews, proposals and other documents as required.
- Assist with all sponsors with match day activations including, but not limited to, concourse and innings break.
- Assist with coordinating casual staff, SEDA students and volunteers throughout the season.
- Managing all office administration.
- The successful candidate will have a qualification in a sport or event management degree with previous experience in a similar role. Additionally, he or she will have a strong ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines and work in a face paced environment.
If you think you fit the bill and would like to make this role your next career step - Apply here by COB 17th August.
Game & Market Development Administrator
We are looking for a driven and organised Game & Market Development Administrator to provide administration and event support to the Game & Market Development (GMD) department of Cricket Victoria.
The key responsibilities will range from -
- Administration assistance and general support to the General Manager (GM) GMD and senior managers within the department.
- Responsible for the administration processes across GMD - i.e. reports, letter writing, minute taking, collation and management of information, presentations and processes.
- Assist with the implementation of development programs in conjunction with all areas of GMD, along with other relevant departments within Cricket Victoria.
- Work with various key stakeholders within cricket to provide an excellent level of customer support / assistance.
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of specific programs including the ACA Past Player Program Appearances and other key activities.
- Support and deliver on key events within GMD including functions, forums and presentations.
The successful candidate will have but not be limited to -
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Strong influencing and initiative taking skills
- Demonstrated capability to develop and support delivery of State and National programs
- Ability to manage budgets
- Ability to organise and facilitate meetings, forums and conferences within targeted communities
- May hold a tertiary qualification in Business or a related discipline and have demonstrated administration experience in previous positions
If you think you fit the bill and would like to make this role your next career step - Apply here by COB 19th August.
Head of Female Cricket
- Work on a range of high quality women's cricket activities for Victorian Cricket
- Passion and skills in female engagement
- Career defining opportunity
We are now looking for a highly autonomous, self-motivated, Head of Female Cricket with a collaborative approach to building strong relationships and cricket's participation base.
This role has the responsibility for overseeing the delivery of the female cricket strategy for Victorian Cricket including increasing participation, growing the fan base, building Victoria's high performance capacity and resource allocation to and advocacy for female cricket.
This is a multi-faceted role that will require a "hands on" approach across a range of disciplines in Cricket Victoria leading to the growth and development of female cricket.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer as a key member of the senior executive group, you will be responsible for providing leadership, support across the organisation in the female space and hold change management expertise.
You will influence, assist development and oversee the successful implementation of operational plans that drive key female initiatives, and liaise closely with the commercial team to help develop and drive sustainable revenue streams that will support the ongoing success and growth of female cricket. You will also work to maximise the acquisition of both Federal and State Government grant revenues in conjunction with relevant staff.
With a degree qualification, you will have demonstrated experience in leadership and change management positions and oversight across a diverse range of programs.
You'll also possess strong business acumen, excellent communication skills and negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to forge strong partnerships with clubs, communities, commercial businesses and government bodies.
Applications must be made online by 11.00pm Friday 2 September 2016.
Since 1922, Cricket ACT has been the peak body for all forms of cricket in the ACT and region. We aim to be the leading sporting organisation in the region, through the provision of excellence and innovation in each of the programs we administer. From Milo in2CRICKET and T20 Blast, through to our indoor, grade, and junior cricket competitions, as well as our high performance and pathway programs, Cricket ACT provides services to all cricketers of all skillsets and levels of experience in the Canberra region.
Finance and Business Operations Officer
Cricket ACT is responsible for leading and growing cricket throughout the ACT and region. An opportunity exists to join this dynamic team overseeing the Finance and Business Operations functions of the organisation.
This newly created position will report to the Cricket ACT CEO and would suit individuals seeking flexible work arrangements (for example within school hours). The role is a 24 hour a week position with hours of work to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
This new role at Cricket ACT has two functions:
- Finance ‐ The role is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of creditor payments and invoicing to clients, whilst also ensuring payment of our accounts is received according to agreed timeframes.
- Business Operations - The role is responsible for overseeing the day‐to‐day operations of the organisation. Reporting to the CEO, the role will work closely with the department heads and oversee the ongoing development of the Cricket ACT intern program.
To find out more information and for a PD, click here.
Northern Territory Cricket is the peak cricket body in the NT and we aim to unite, inspire and support all those who love the sport.
NT Cricket was formed in 1978 and has approximately 2000 members.
Our vision is to grow the game at all levels and develop the highest possible standards of participation and performance, "from the red dust to the baggy green - cricket for all Territorians".
We aim to provide the best competitive, social and recreational facilities for all to enjoy - from the Territory's serious competitors to social players to cricket fans.
NT Cricket is currently accepting Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the following roles:
- National Indigenous Cricket Championships NT Women's Coach (EOI due 5pm, 17 August)
- National Indigenous Cricket Championships NT Women's Assistant Coach/Manager (EOI due 5pm, 17 August)
- National Indigenous Cricket Championships NT Men's Coach (EOI due 5pm, 17 August)
- National Indigenous Cricket Championships NT Men's Assistant Coach/Manager (EOI due 5pm, 17 August)
- Australian Country Championships NT Women's Coach (EOI due 5pm, 24 August)
- Australian Country Championships NT Women's Assistant Coach/Manager (EOI due 5pm, 24 August)
Click here for further details and the Expression of Interest form.