Australian Cricketers' Association
The Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) is the official collective and representative body of professional cricketers in Australia, safeguarding the rights of present and past, male and female elite cricketers.
There are no positions currently available.
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation’s premier sporting bodies, with the vision for Cricket to be Australia’s favourite sport and a sport for all. CA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment, and is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level.
Junior Participation Specialist
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation's premier sporting bodies, with the vision for Cricket to be Australia's favourite sport - a sport for all Australian's. Operating within the sports and entertainment industry, CA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment and is responsible for overseeing and developing the game on a national level. The CA Game and Market Development department work across a number of National Priorities to inspire the next generation of Australian cricket's players and fans.
As a result of a new and important strategic initiative to increase sustainable participation in cricket and inspire the next generation of players and fans, we are seeking talented and passionate people to work with cricket clubs and associations in the adoption of cricket's recommended junior participation pathway. This is a contract role to 30 June 2015.
This is a pivotal role within the Game and Market Development Team, of which your key responsibilities will include:
- The introduction of the national recommended junior pathway to Junior Cricket Associations with a strong focus on the MILO T20 Blast program
- Further aligning CA and State & Territory promotional strategies / opportunities to increase exposure of the MILO T20 Blast program.
- Increase the conversion of children that sample school based cricket activities into sustainable club based participation.
- Contribute, by being an integral member of our national MILO T20 Blast specialist team
To support your transition into this position, you will have proven experience in a sports, sales, project management or educational focussed role. We are looking for people who recognise the benefit sport offers in the physical and emotional development of children. Your passion, commitment and drive to get kids physically active is important to us - not necessarily an intricate understanding of the game.
You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work autonomously, with outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills that will allow you to engage and motivate a broad and diverse range of people from children, volunteers and administrators. Ideally you have facilitated kids' activity programs previously and understand what it takes to ensure a flawless junior engagement program.
If you are ready to make a difference and help cricket to become Australia's favourite sport, we look forward to hearing from you. To apply, please outline in your cover letter why you feel you are the best candidate for the role.
Applications must be made online by Sunday 3 August 2014. Enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, applications sent to this email address will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 02-Aug-2014
Internal Communications Manager
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation's premier sporting bodies, with the vision for Cricket to be Australia's favourite sport. Operating within the sports and entertainment industry, CA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment, and is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Communications you are to develop a dedicated internal communications framework for Australian cricket to engage all stakeholders and unite employees across Cricket Australia and State & Territory Associations. The role will also manage company-wide corporate news and develop a digital communication solution for the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Senior Managers of Communications and People & Culture to build the Australian Cricket Internal Communications strategy;
- Develop guidelines for communicating through in-house channels including email, intranet, e-publications, /newsletters, video, audio and banners;
- Improve business effectiveness via communication strategy, coaching and consulting;
- Apply technical knowledge to recommend changes to systems and processes that deliver results and generate functional improvement across a national Communications team;
- Bring corporate rigour and discipline to internal communications across Australian cricket; and
- Work with State Media Managers to transform the work that they do, ensuring they take into account internal stakeholders before communicating externall.
Tertiary qualified in Communications or Public Affairs, you are looking to utilise your existing experience to take the next step in your career. As a driven communications professional you have broad knowledge and experience executing a range of effective communication through a variety of channels, preferably within a complex organisation. You are articulate, dynamic and looking to make a difference in this exciting role.
Applications must be made on line before the closing date, 7 August 2014.
Cricket New South Wales
Cricket NSW is the peak body responsible for overseeing the administration and promotion of cricket throughout New South Wales. The vision for Cricket NSW is To Ignite Australia’s
Favourite Sport in Australia’s Biggest State.
Senior Manager, External Communications
Cricket NSW and Cricket Australia are seeking a motivated and energetic person for the role of Senior Manager, External Communications (NSW).
This senior communications role has responsibility for developing and delivering a range of
external communication activities for the benefit of NSW and Australian cricket. The role will lead the Cricket NSW communications function and serve as the day-to-day NSW
communications leader for Cricket Australia.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and execution of Cricket NSW's communications strategy in line with CA's national communications strategy at a local level
- Build relationships with key media on behalf of Cricket NSW and Cricket Australia
- Drive increased media coverage for cricket in NSW and nationally
- Lead the CNSW Media & Communications team to deliver NSW and national media objectives
- Contribute to the implementation of the Australian and NSW Cricket strategies overall
To be successful in this role it is essential you have:
- Significant demonstrated experience in a similar, large, complex and issues-rich environment developing communication strategy and managing external affairs, corporate media and reputational issues within Australia and/or globally
- Demonstrated experience in gaining positive coverage for PR initiatives/corporate positioning in a large organisation
- Sound demonstrated experience acting as a corporate spokesperson, including both radio and television interviews
- Experience in leading teams
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to liaise and negotiate with senior management, journalists and other stakeholders
- Established media and sporting relationships across Australia
- Personal alignment with Cricket NSW and Cricket Australia values
It is desirable you have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Experience working within sporting or communications industries
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Telephone Cricket NSW on +61 (02) 8302 6000 for a full position description and with any initial queries.
Closing Date: Midnight 10th August 2014