Cricket New South Wales
Peak body for cricket in NSW listing news, teams, inside information, getting Involved, education and training, practice facilities, hospitality, affiliates and shop.
Cricket NSW is the peak body responsible for overseeing the administration and promotion of cricket throughout New South Wales. The vision for Cricket NSW is To Ignite Australia's
Favourite Sport in Australia's Biggest State.
A wonderful opportunity exists to join one of Australia's leading sporting organisations on a
full-time basis. Based in Moore Park, Sydney this role will report to the Senior Manager,
External Communications (NSW).
The Communications Department is a dynamic, versatile and proactive team working
collaboratively to advance cricket across all levels in NSW and Australia, with a strong
emphasis on the continued development, enhancement and success of the Sydney Thunder
and Sydney Sixers Big Bash teams.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Senior Manager , External Communications to proactively deliver Cricket NSW and Cricket Australia's communication and media strategy
- Assist with building and managing cricket's key media stakeholders with a particular focus on domestic cricket
- Work with and assist the broader communications team to help deliver key messagesfor the media and maximise newsworthiness of public relations, particularly the BBL
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in multimedia, digital or communications
- Proven ability to write and edit media announcements, speeches and online content
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to liaise and negotiate with senior management, journalists and other stakeholders
- Experience working within sporting or communications industries will be highly regarded
- Collaborative and team focused working style
A passion for sport will be a given, whilst a sound knowledge of cricket would be beneficial.
Please telephone Cricket NSW on +61 (02) 8302 6066 with any initial queries and for a full
position description. To apply, please send your resume and a 1 page cover letter stating why you are the ideal candidate for the role to email@example.com.
As we expect a high volume of applications for this position, only short listed applicants will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in employment with Cricket NSW.
Applications close – Sunday 30 November 2014
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation’s premier sporting bodies, with the vision for Cricket to be Australia’s favourite sport and a sport for all. CA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment, and is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level.
National Teams Officer
As the National Teams Officer you will be responsible for managing the team apparel & equipment program for Australian national teams, as well as managing operations for the Australian Under-19 team. This is a pivotal role within Cricket Australia's Team Performance division, which requires a high level of administration and coordination and the ability to follow, and improve, process to achieve high performance outcomes.
The role requires resilience, first class organisational skills, advanced time management skills, precise attention to detail, effective relationship building skills and an ability to work & excel in a fast paced, High Performance environment while managing a diverse range of stakeholders, including high profile athletes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the ordering, receiving, branding and distribution of all apparel, equipment & team product supplied to the Men's and Women's Australian, Australia A and youth representative cricket teams
- Manage the complex relationship with CA's apparel warehouse and apparel providers in order to maximise operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage team operations, including logistics, for the Australian U19 team
- In conjunction with CA's Commercial department and apparel supplier, develop and implement new apparel range development timelines to deliver world class performance uniforms
- Maintain player apparel information in CA's apparel database, ensuring consistent and accurate usage and forecasting reporting
- Drive improvements in the delivery of apparel, focusing on enhancing the IT systems used to gain operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinate CA staff apparel requirements
- Build effective working relationships with Australian Cricket employees, players and external suppliers;
Previous experience in a similar role, or in a high pressure environment where you have coordinated numerous and competing priorities is essential. Any experience in supply chain, logistics or inventory control will be viewed favourably. You must be highly process driven, possess strong IT skills, be customer focused and have the ability to work autonomously. Most important is your resilience, your positive, proactive, can-do attitude, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and outstanding time management skills.
You will be able to work autonomously to achieve results and be comfortable managing changing priorities and trouble shooting. Your experience working within fast paced operations or logistics focused role will be advantageous, along with your passion for excellence in everything you do.
This is a great opportunity to enhance your commercial skills and initiate a career in the sports and entertainment industry.
Applications must be made online supported by a covering letter addressing the key criteria of the role. Applications close 30 November 2014.
Applications close – Sunday 30 November 2014
Australian Cricketers' Association
The Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) is the official collective and representative body of professional cricketers in Australia, safeguarding the rights of present and past, male and female elite cricketers.