Western Australian Cricket Association
The Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA) is the governing body for cricket in the state of Western Australia (WA). The WACA is home to WA’s elite teams, the Alcohol.Think Again Warriors and the Alcohol.Think Again Western Fury, as well as the Big Bash League’s male and female Perth Scorchers. It oversees the development of the game of cricket throughout WA and works in conjunction with Cricket Australia to make cricket Australia’s favourite sport. The WACA’s vision is to be Leaders in Australian Cricket in all areas including national team representation, elite team success, participation, engagement and fan experience.
The WACA has an outstanding opportunity for a suitably experienced sports dietician to provide the highest possible standard of sports nutrition services to the states leading cricketing athletes on a fixed term 0.5 FTE contract basis.
As a member of the Sports Science Sports Medicine (SSSM) Team within the WACA High Performance Department, you will provide high quality nutrition services to the Western Warriors, Western Fury, Perth Scorchers BBL & WBBL teams, and WA under age representative cricket squads.
In this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out anthropometry testing and reporting
- Conducting individual performance nutrition consultations and assessments
- Conducting individual hydration assessments, ensuring best practice hydration monitoring practices are carried out
- Applying and providing education on the Australian Cricket Supplement Policy and Anti-Doping Codes
- Developing and providing catering guidelines to grounds and accommodation providers
- Developing and implementing performance nutrition systems
- Participating in the Australian Cricket Sports Nutrition Working Group
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
- Be an Accredited Practicing Dietitian status with Dietitians Association of Australia
- Be a Current Accredited Member of Sports Dietitians Australia
- Have an ongoing record of CPD over the past 12 months
- Have 3 years experience as a Sports Dietitian working within elite and development team sports
- Have Level 1 ISAK Accreditation
In addition, a candidate will be considered favourably if they have:
- Advanced Accredited Sports Dietitian status with Sports Dietitians Australia
- Post Graduate Qualifications in Nutrition; or the International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition
- Research experience in the area of nutrition or sport science/exercise physiology
- Presentation experience at conferences
To apply for this exciting position, please email your application in confidence to email@example.com.
For a complete services description please click here.
Applications close Monday 13 February 2017
Cricket Wellington (CW) is the Regional Sports Organisation responsible for the leadership, administration, organisation, and delivery, of all forms of cricket in the Wellington region. It partners with the Wellington City Council in the management of the iconic test venue, the Basin Reserve, and has an essential role working with 21 member clubs to deliver community cricket as well as school and junior development programmes within its region.
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for leadership of all aspects of Cricket Wellington, and for working with the Board to ensure the successful implementation of strategy and policy. The CEO will oversee the management and development of both the Professional and Community game for the CW region.
Responsible to the Board for fulfilling the objectives of CW contained in its constitution and for the achievement of objectives stated in its strategic plan, the CEO must successfully balance the growth and welfare of the game with sound financial management, and strong and vibrant relationships with the players, supporters, volunteers, media, commercial partners and New Zealand Cricket.
To be considered for this role you will need to possess leadership and management experience gained within a significant commercial or sporting organisation, or other relevant context, with a successful track record in managing and driving major change programs and implementing new operating models. You might already have a strong background as a CEO or are a senior manager in a like-sized organisation ready for the next step into this leadership role. Well-developed strategic, financial and commercial acumen will be necessary, ideally evidenced by a qualification in business, sports management, or other appropriate discipline.
A sound understanding of sponsorship and marketing issues is required, matched by innovative thinking and skill in identifying and then capitalising on opportunities. The role requires a dynamic leader with the charisma and ability to swiftly build relationships and credibility with a diverse range of stakeholders, preferably within a publicly visible environment.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and future-focused leader to share in developing and achieving the future vision and direction of an exciting organisation. Experience in the management of a not-for-profit organisation would be highly regarded, as would an understanding of, and passion for, professional sport, and particularly a love for cricket.
Applications close Tuesday 14 February 2017
Cricket Australia is the custodian of cricket in Australia, and as the national governing body its purpose is for cricket to unite and inspire the nation.
National Sales Manager - Hospitality
Based in Melbourne and reporting to Head of Commercial Sales and Partnerships, the National Hospitality Sales Manager leads a team of five State Managers to maximise the commercial return from world class hospitality events, whilst developing strong connections across corporate Australia and beyond. The appointee will take complete ownership of Cricket Australia’s official hospitality programs from concept, pricing, and sales, through to delivery, whilst developing and training the sales team.
As a well respected, highly polished Sales Manager, you are a hands on leader with experience in the venue, stadia or FMCG sectors. You have previously led the successful development and execution of national high profile corporate hospitality programs with recognised results. You are an excellent relationship builder with exceptional presentation and sales skills, and your ability to manage complex programs is underpinned by your capacity to influence and engage your sales team. This is a unique opportunity to join an iconic sporting identity during its most high profile year.
To register your interest in a confidential career discussion about this Melbourne-based role, please apply online quoting JO-1701-23840 or go to www.shk.com.au. For more information, please contact Kylie Kilmartin on 03 8620 8012. Direct and third party applications will be forwarded to SHK.
Applications close Wednesday 15 February 2017
Head of Events & Match Operations
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation’s premier sporting bodies, with a vision for cricket to be Australia’s favourite sport. Operating within the sports and entertainment industry, CA is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level.
You are an outstanding leader and multi-discipline manager who is highly experienced in delivering world class event management, venue operations and creative programming. You present impressively as a senior manager with faultless stakeholder management and communication skills and a strong strategic mindset relating to the role of events in building and retaining target audiences and engaging clients.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager of Events & Leagues, the Head of Events & Match Operations portfolio includes:
- Event Operations (including Event Director - International Cricket)
- Event Presentation (International Cricket and tournaments other than BBL)
- Event Marketing (International Cricket)
- Tournament Operations (Tour matches, Australia A, Domestic One-Day Cup, Under ages)
- Hospitality & Special Events
This demanding role requires an exceptional ability to manage team workflow and welfare during extended year round periods of peak demand.
If you are ready to work in a dynamic and passionate environment, whilst helping cricket to become Australia’s favourite sport, we look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates with a strong knowledge of cricket as well as a passion for the game will be favoured.
Applications must be made on online. The closing date 20 February 2017
Cricket Australia offer a competitive salary package and extensive employee benefits including salary packaging, gym access and discounts with our corporate partners.
At Cricket Australia, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity. Cricket Australia encourages all people to apply for this role.
This assignment is being handled exclusively by SRi.
To pursue this opportunity in strict confidence, please email your resume to Josie Lahey - firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 (0)478 803 255 for further information.
Please note - All third party applications will immediately be forwarded to this email address.
Applications close Monday 20 February 2017
Northern Territory Cricket
Northern Territory Cricket is the peak cricket body in the NT and we aim to unite, inspire and support all those who love the sport.
Regional Cricket Officer - Palmerston
To facilitate the promotion, organisation and development of cricket, in conjunction with relevant stakeholders, in the Palmerston and Katherine regions of the Northern Territory.
Game and Market Development:
- Use existing frameworks including in2CRICKET and T20BLAST competitions to implement and run cricket programs that focus on participation and fun
- Ensure club awareness of local school programs/activities and promote school / club links
- Activate strategies to increase the participation of traditional and non-traditional cricket competitions for males and females
- Assist School Sports Northern Territory with delivery of cricket programs within the region
- Develop and maintain relationships with Clontarf and Stars Academies within the region
Club and Association Development:
- Assist local clubs with the adoption and implementation of the Australian Cricket Club and Association Strategic Framework
- Implement the club participation strategy with club participation targets within strategic plan objectives
- Provide assistance and direction to the Katherine and Districts Cricket Competition
- Liaise with the committees of affiliate clubs and associations which assist club and player management matters. These include MyCricket competency and usage, National Club Insurance program, risk management, Spirit of Cricket, Well Played, Club Accreditation Scheme and other relevant resources using ‘Club Assist’ as a fundamental tool
- Identify and assist in leveraging funding opportunities to support clubs and their programs
- Be the conduit between Pathways and Clubs to ensure consistent messaging
- Work with the Senior Manager - Pathways and Cricket to coordinate coach education programs and identify coaches to complete level 1 courses
- Work effectively with the Department of Sport and Recreation, regional councils and community leaders to deliver and promote cricket across remote regions in the Top End including remote sports voucher and Community Carnivals
- Collaborate with AFL Northern Territory staff and other club and sport stakeholders to ensure the effective management and utilisation of the Asbuild Sporting Complex during the Dry Season
- Manage Casual work force
- Assist regional organisations with grant applications and funding requests
- Assist in the planning of Australian and Northern Territory Cricket events held in the region
- Maintain accurate records through ‘The Crowd’ of all activities conducted, in particular details of visits / clinics undertaken in schools
- Assist clubs and Associations with the implementation of MyCricket to ensure an accurate database of all registered players, from entry level to senior club cricket, and remote development programs
- Undertake other associated duties and projects consistent with the responsibilities of the position
Applications close Friday 17 February 2017