Player Development Manager - Female Programs
Cricket Victoria is currently seeking a Player Development Manager to implement individualised best practice programs and policies in the areas of Personal Development, Health and Wellbeing, Career and Education for female players at Women's Big Bash League, State and underage representative level.
This position will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Work with players to establish and progress individualised Professional Development Plans that capture the players' Health & Wellbeing, Career and Educational needs;
- Maintain an extensive understanding and provide informed advice to players on university, TAFE and vocational training programs and assist players negotiate flexible study arrangements;
- Aid players not studying find appropriate employment that aligns with their career development aspirations and compliments cricket commitments;
- Provide guidance and support on wellbeing related issues and refer players to support services as required;
- Work with High Performance staff and players regarding player non-selection, transitions, delistment, retirement, injury, rehabilitation and/or relocation; and
- Coordinate the delivery of the player education and wellbeing programs, ensuring best practice and alignment with Cricket Australia and ACA requirements.
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology, Counselling, Career Development, Education or a related field;
- An ability to build strong relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Trustworthy and reliable with a proven commitment to ethical behaviour, particularly in relations to maintaining confidentiality;
- Accountable, disciplined and motivated with a strong work ethic;
- Strong set of personal values which are aligned with Cricket's values of Be Real, Smash the Boundaries, Make Every Ball Count and Stronger Together;
- Outstanding oral communication and counselling skills;
- Strong results orientation with the proven ability to plan and deliver results;
- A Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment is desirable as well as an in depth understanding of the sport and non-sport requirements of elite athletes
How to apply
For further details please click here.
For a confidential conversation about the position please contact Olivia Franco (People & Culture Coordinator) on 0466 012 437.
Applications close 11.00pm Sunday 8th October 2017.