Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation’s premier sporting bodies, with a vision for cricket to be Australia’s favourite sport. Operating within the sports and entertainment industry, CA is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level.
Manager Hospitality & Special Events
You are an experienced and talented leader and manager and a world class premium events professional with a passion for producing outstanding experiences for internal and external customers.
Reporting to the Head of Events & Match Operations, the Hospitality & Special Events Manager is responsible for leading the event activation of the Executive Hospitality program, CA Official Hospitality program, the Allan Border Medal and a range of other CA special events.
This exciting and demanding role requires exceptional stakeholder management and client relationship skills, strong strategic thinking, expert communication skills and the ability to successfully manage team workflow
during extremely busy periods.
If you are ready to work in a dynamic and passionate environment, whilst helping cricket to become Australia’s favourite sport, we look forward to hearing from you!
Applications must be made on online. The closing date Friday 13 January 2017.
Cricket Australia offer a competitive salary package and extensive employee benefits including salary packaging, gym access and discounts with our corporate partners.
At Cricket Australia, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background,disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity. Cricket Australia encourages all people to apply for this role.
Applications Close Friday 13 January 2016
International Cricket Council
The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the global governing body for cricket. Its Development Department has specific strategic objectives aimed at the sustainable development and strengthening of the sport globally.
Development Manager - Americas
This role is an important position responsible for driving the growth of cricket in the Americas Region. The role, based in the ICC Americas Office in Colorado Springs, USA, manages a small team which supports ICC Members and organises qualifying events as a pathway to ICC major events in the Americas.
Responsibilities of the Development Manager – Americas will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to ICC Members across the Americas;
- Drive organisational development within targeted Members in the Americas;
- Manage the delivery of Americas qualifying events as a pathway to ICC major events;
- Maintain and grow relationships with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and other relevant partners in the Americas;
- Manage the operations of ICC Americas; and
- Play an active role in the ICC Global Development Team.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area;
- Proven expertise in sports management with good understanding of best practice sport development;
- Experience of managing participation programmes and education initiatives;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of organisational development;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills at all levels;
- Ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities;
- Ability to develop partnerships across various sectors (corporate, government, non-government and media);
- Ability to influence and persuade;
- Energy and passion required to inspire others to perform;
- Independence and a self-starter attitude; and
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the game of cricket.
Conditions of employment
- The position will be based in Colorado Springs and reports to the Development Services Manager who is based in Dubai.
- The selected candidate to furnish two work references.
- As part of the role international and domestic travel will be required.
- Remuneration offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experiences.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter that sets out why you are a suitable candidate for the role and details your current salary and benefits to Rick Mack Consulting, LLC.
Applications Close Friday 27 January 2016