Western Australian Cricket Association
The Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA) is the governing body of cricket in the state of Western Australia, home to WA’s elite teams, the Alcohol.Think Again Warriors and the Alcohol.Think Again Western Fury, and the T20 Big Bash League’s Perth Scorchers.
Business Development Manager
Reporting to the General Manager – Commercial, Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for developing new business relationships while generating and negotiating new revenue opportunities for both the Perth Scorchers and the WACA.
- Develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for the WACA to an agreed annual target. Opportunities to include sponsorships across the WACA and the Perth Scorchers, the Dennis Lillee Club, corporate hospitality and experiences for Perth Scorchers matches, corporate events and functions
- Present the Perth Scorchers and its properties to potential clients through direct communication, including face to face meetings
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: own lead generation, credentials pitch, asking questions, providing solutions, negotiations, close
- Managing and maintaining a pipeline and ensuring all sales administration is current
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation
- A sound understanding of clients marketing objectives including their Return on Investment
- Effectively interact with other departments including corporate hospitality, events and functions
- Ensure the WACA and the Perth Scorchers remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients
- Ability to up sell clients
- Represent the WACA and Perth Scorchers at nominated games, events and functions upon reasonable request
Closing Date: 29 January 2015
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation’s premier sporting bodies, with the vision for Cricket to be Australia’s favourite sport and a sport for all. CA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment, and is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level.
Direct Marketing Specialist
Cricket Australia is the custodian of cricket in Australia with a vision to make cricket this country's favourite sport.
We have a rare opportunity for two passionate and driven Direct Marketing Specialists to join our Marketing team.
Working within a small team of direct marketers, you will be is accountable for developing and executing direct marketing campaigns to increase fan engagement and loyalty, viewership, sales of tickets, merchandise and other cricket products, and acquire customer data across a number of digital channels.
Key areas of focus specifically include managing Cricket Australia's email marketing campaigns, delivering programs for the Australian Cricket Family (ACF) member base, supporting the Big Bash League membership program and supporting Cricket Australia's Customer Data Project.
To be successful, you will need to be tertiary qualified in marketing with experience in end-to-end delivery of direct marketing/CRM and digital communication campaigns. You will have a strong understanding of consumer lifecycle marketing, and understand relevant best-practices in driving consumer engagement.
With a strong results and measurement focus, you will be versed with experimental design methodology and recognise the importance of data and analysis in the campaign lifecycle and development process.
You will have an eye for design and exceptional copywriting skills, particularly in writing eDMs, as well as impeccable attention to detail.
It is vital you are a quick learner who can effectively multi-task under pressure and, be able to work seamlessly with the current direct marketing team members on shared deliverables.
The role requires experience using SilverPop and HTML.
If you are highly passionate, driven and focused on building a career in sport and entertainment, then this could be your opportunity!
Closing Date: 22 January 2015
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation's premier sporting bodies with a vision for cricket to be Australia's favourite sport. Staffed and led by leading business and sporting professionals, CA's leadership team engender a culture of high performance and passion for the advancement of the sport underpinned by innovation, drive and efficient and effective corporate governance.
The advancement and successful growth of Cricket in Australia brings with it continually evolving challenges culminating in a growing schedule of projects across Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations that now requires the leadership and management skills of an experienced Senior Project Manager / Program Manager. Working directly with the Executive GM Business and Advisory Services the Program Manager will engage and consult with a diverse group of stakeholders, including Executive General Managers to shape and manage a program of work and ensure the delivery of required business benefits.
This is an opportunity to work as part of a high calibre team where you will be responsible for
- Building strong relationships with EGM's across the business to ensure a clear understanding of both individual and cross-functional priorities drive project prioritisation and management
- Creating a program that pulls together requirements, priorities and expected business benefits into a single, coordinated and clearly understood program of work
- Manage the overall cross functional department project portfolio
- Manage relationships with customers, vendors and other parties.
- Planning, executing and closely monitor projects to completion.
- Ensure quality of delivery and management of risks.
Your prior experience in the following will be essential to success in this role
- Engaging with Steering committee and governance groups to oversee project financials
- Working with sponsors and key stakeholders to implement a governance framework
- Managing project team members and third party suppliers.
Cricket Australia is looking for an experienced project professional who has excellent communication skills and a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, ideally projects with a delivery lifecycle of circa 2 years. Both proven Program Managers and high potential Project Managers who would benefit from working with an executive level sponsor to consolidate their leadership and program management skills will be considered for this position. Of equal importance is an inquisitive mind, a passion for identifying the value that Data based projects can add to a business and the ability to foster a project management environment with clear processes and procedures. You will also need to be comfortable and thrive in a professional business culture where the ability to work with ambiguity and a strong level of resilience are essential to success.
Please note, Cricket Australia has engaged Marshall McAdam to work on this role exclusively. Any applications sent directly to CA will be forwarded to Marshall McAdam for inclusion in this process. Unsolicited agency resumes will not be accepted. Contact Christine Hubble at Marshall McAdam on 03 8399 9311 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: 22 January 2015
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation's premier sporting bodies, with the vision for Cricket to be Australia's favourite sport. An opportunity now exists for an energetic and enthusiastic Financial Analyst to join our Jolimont based finance team.
Operating within the sports and entertainment industry, CA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment, and is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level.
Reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, your role is to assist with the planning & analysis requirements for the business.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for working closely with all areas of Australian Cricket, with a primary focus of supporting all forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis requirements. This role plays a critical part in supporting the strategic objectives of the company through the insightful analysis of operating performance and trends and providing recommendations for identified areas of improvement or opportunity.
Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Australian Cricket-wide analysis of key business and commercial drivers
- Identifying and monitoring financial opportunities and risks
- Long range planning
- Monthly and year end management reporting;
- Assisting with budgeting & forecasting preparation;
- Month end variance analysis and commentary;
- Procurement analysis and support
- Report design, rewriting and systems analysis; and
- Any adhoc finance projects as required.
In order to be successful in your application, you must have relevant experience working within a corporate environment. It is essential you are experienced in Management Reporting, have strong commercial analysis skills, an eye for detail and strong presentation skills.
This role requires a systems savvy individual and any experience with report design and re-writing and/or Cognos will be highly regarded. It is essential you have strong Excel skills.
You are CA / CPA qualified (or equivalent) and looking for a company that can provide mentoring and support. A self-starter, you are seeking an opportunity to utilise your finance skills to assist in strategic business decisions.
Closing Date: 23 January 2015
Australian Cricketers' Association
The Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) is the official collective and representative body of professional cricketers in Australia, safeguarding the rights of present and past, male and female elite cricketers.