Cricket Victoria is one of Australia's leading sporting organisations with the responsibility of developing and overseeing cricket throughout the state to underpin growth and participation and contribute to the success of the Victorian and Australian cricket teams. From grassroots cricket, to the elite teams - the Bushrangers, VicSpirit, Melbourne Stars and Melbourne Renegades - we nurture and promote the development and success of the sport for all Victorians.
Head Coach – Female High Performance Programs
Cricket Victoria (CV) has an opportunity for a professional cricket coach to coach at the elite level and drive the ongoing success of the Female High Performance Programs.
In the role of Head Coach - Female High Performance Programs, the successful applicant will be Head Coach of the VicSpirit program (including WBBL) and be responsible for overall team performance, individual skill development, the expansion & implementation of all team performance programs, overseeing the organisation of squad training sessions, match day planning, and work within the philosophy of continuous improvement. In addition to VicSpirit/WBBL duties, the Head Coach - Female High Performance Programs will provide coaching and direction to the CV Female Academy programs, including State Youth Teams.
The objective of this role is to ensure that VicSpirit and Female High Performance Programs receive the best and most comprehensive coaching available and are given skill development programs that will achieve Australian representation, as well as team success.
Selection criteria for the successful applicant:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- Have a minimum Level 3 Coaching Accreditation
- Have a strong Cricket background
- Proven ability to run a successful cricket program
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
The applicant will require excellent communication skills, competent computer skills with Microsoft applications and have a philosophy for team success. If you are driven, passionate and motivated with a strong desire to succeed, please apply!
Submit a written application including your resume (with both documents merged as one
attachment), addressing how your skills meet the above criteria.
Applications close - 1 May 2015
South Australian Cricket Association
The South Australian Cricket Association is one of South Australia's leading sporting organisations with an international reputation for excellence in the promotion of the game of cricket.
West End Redbacks Head Coach
The Association is now welcoming applications for the role of head coach of the South Australian men's cricket squad, the West End Redbacks.
Based at one of the best cricket venues in the world, the role is responsible for managing and developing the State men's cricket squad, coaching and support staff to ensure sustainable long-term success.
If you have a passion for creating the strongest cricket program in Australian cricket whilst fostering an inclusive culture with all of our stakeholders then we want to talk to you.
Reporting to the SACA General Manager, High Performance, the key responsibilities of this pivotal role are:
- Lead the coaching processes for the West End Redbacks by developing players ready to represent Australia and delivering success in the Sheffield Shield and Matador Cup competitions.
- Identifying, developing and implementing new initiatives, activities and programs that support the sustainable progression and development of the West End Redbacks and South Australian cricket in general.
- Identifying and progressing young South Australian cricketers through the state and national high performance pathways.
- Professional management of SACA high performance personnel, support and medical specialists to ensure players are provided the highest quality of leadership, support, feedback and guidance on and off field.
- Creating a strong vision and articulating defined team goals and individual player objectives.
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate:
- Experience in leading, motivating, mentoring, educating and influencing in a team environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in using these skills to develop and sustain cohesive team structures
- A strong understanding of modern sports coaching techniques
- A commitment to success
- Level 3 Cricket Australia coaching accreditation or the equivalent
Suited to a strong leader with a true passion and enthusiasm for cricket, this role presents a unique opportunity to play a pivotal part in the on-field success of the West End Redbacks and the development of internationally successful cricketers.
This role will be offered on a full time, 2 year fixed term contract.
Click here to apply.
If you are ready to take on this exciting challenge please apply now.
Applications close - 30 April 2015
Cricket Tasmania is the governing body of cricket in Tasmania promoting and developing the game throughout the state. As a unique and iconic sporting organisation it has responsibility for all aspects of the sport within Tasmania from junior cricket and coaching programs through to professional players, coaches and umpires.
Coach Education and Development Manager
Cricket Tasmania has a fantastic opportunity for a Coach Education and Development Manager to join the Game and Market Development team.
The key role accountability is to develop, implement and manage coach education and development programs across Tasmania. The scope of the role includes supporting the following areas:
- High performance, male and female programs
- Grade Cricket
- Junior Club Cricket
- Game and market development
- Coach accreditation
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Level 3 Coach accreditation
- An in-depth understanding of modern coaching techniques and methodologies
- Coaching experience within High Performance programs
- Experience and understanding of coach education programs
- Understanding of the development, implementation, and management of coach development programs
- Well-developed facilitation and coordination skills
- Exceptional administrative, planning and organisational skills
- High level interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Strong commitment to performance excellence
Reporting to the State Game & Market Development Manager, this full-time 2 year contract presents an outstanding opportunity for the successful candidate to play a key role in the on-going success of cricket in Tasmania.
To apply please submit a written application including a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com, addressing how your skills and experience fit the role responsibilities.
For more information, please view the Position Description or contact Jacqui Thorp, HR Manager on 03 6282 0422.
Applications close - 6 May 2015
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation’s premier sporting bodies, with the vision for Cricket to be Australia’s favourite sport and a sport for all. CA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment, and is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level.
Senior Systems & Network Engineer
This newly created role of Senior Systems & Network Engineer will act as a single-point of technical contact and technology representation based at Western Australia Cricket Association (WACA). You will report to the Infrastructure Manager (Melbourne) and be an integral part of our national technology team of 11. You will have full ownership to deliver the agreed service level agreement with WACA and CA stakeholders. You will possess technical knowledge, project management, good technology governance and an excellent business communicator. Your passion towards enabling business technology and the drive for operational excellence will be highly considered.
As a senior technical representative you will be a key team member in propelling initiatives, not limited to:
- The Implementation of the program of works for WACA:
- CRM solution,
- Office 365 deployment
- Windows Server upgrade/Cloud Migration,
- Hardware refresh,
- Technology governance; process, procedures and policy,
- Lead in continuous improvements for staff's technology experience; education and training.
- Provide technical direction, high-quality service support and solutions to staff, through a Service Desk incidents and problems logging system.
- Provide seasonal technology and venue support to WACA and CA team,
- Attendance at match (including evenings and weekends) to provide technical support for media and broadcasting units
- Working with other team members in providing business as usual services, support and projects.
- Stakeholder management; managed service providers, WACA and CA staff.
Naturally, you will have the following qualifications and at least 4 years' experience:
- MCSE, ITIL
- Microsoft Windows 2008; AD, DHCP, DNS, GPO
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- CNA; LAN/WAN
- HP MSA SAN
- Office 365
- Windows 7/8.x
This varied role requires you to travel on the occasional basis and therefore it is imperative you are prepared to work away from home some of the time.
We are seeking a qualified IT Professional looking to utilise your existing skills and develop your experience with a longer term view of taking the next step in your career. You will have experience working within another organisation in a similar role. Tech savvy, you are articulate, dynamic and looking to make a difference in this exciting role.
Applications close - 4 May 2015
Gordon Disctrict Cricket Club
Founded in 1905, the Gordon District Cricket Club (GDCC) has a proud history of producing competitive teams and players in the Sydney Grade Cricket competition.
The clubs has four club championships, six 1st Grade and numerous lower grade premiership to its credit - including three in the last 3 seasons under our recently retired head coach.
The Head Coach is responsible for the following:
- Prepare the annual Cricket Program.
- Together with the Club Cricket committee, setting the overall coaching structure and resources, including appointment of assistant / specialist coaching roles.
- Planning and implementing the training and coaching program for the six grade, Poidevin Gray, and High Performance Development Squads.
- Developing and implementing both pre season and in-season training programs.
- Identify the specific requirements of teams and individuals, and providing the coaching to enable those individuals to specifically target the areas identified
- Co-ordinating and managing the specialist and assistant coaches
- Support first grade team preparation on match days.
- Reporting to the Cricket Committee as to the progress of the playing group including significant issues; ongoing program planning; skill deficiencies; resource issues; facility issues.
- Liaising with the Selection Committee and team captains regarding selection and player performance.
- Regular direct liaison with players regarding their progress, areas of improvement, development of plans with specific skill coaches, utilising a 360 degree feedback format.
- Liaising with CNSW with respect to GDCC players in their programs and ensuring, where possible, that GDCC players are given opportunity to obtain higher representative honours.
- Representing GDCC, where required, at various functions, media opportunities.
- Liaising with the GDCC Junior Development area to ensure strong linkages in coaching programs and player progression from junior squads to grade cricket.
- It is desirable that the candidate hold Level 3 Coaching Certificate with Cricket NSW/Australia
- Relevant coaching experience at grade and/ or junior elite squads
- Ability to build high performance team culture
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to lead a sporting club through change
- Demonstrated abilities to obtain results
This is a part time, fixed term role for 3 years (subject to satisfactory performance). Remuneration for the role will be discussed with the successful candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity to put your mark on the future success of our club and its talented players.
Please direct all inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance or Michael Cant on 0419 422 873.
Australian Cricketers' Association
The Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) is the official collective and representative body of professional cricketers in Australia, safeguarding the rights of present and past, male and female elite cricketers.