Cricket Australia have announced a 13-man National Performance Squad for 2015.
2015 National Performance Squad
Cameron Bancroft WA
Jake Carder WA
Andrew Fekete TAS
David Grant SA
Liam Hatcher NSW
Patrick Page SA
Jonte Pattison ACT/NSW Country
Matthew Renshaw QLD
Jhye Richardson WA
Matthew Short VIC
Billy Stanlake QLD
Henry Thornton NSW
Guy Walker VIC
The squad will take part in matches and training programs over the winter months, including:
- A spin camp with world No 1 T20I bowler Samuel Badree from 18-22 May
- Four one-day matches against the Australian Indigenous Squad from 6-14 July
- Overseas playing and training opportunities in India, including with Glenn McGrath and his MRF pace program
- Training opportunities with select Australian players ahead of their departure for the West Indies
- Tour preparation ahead of the Australia A series in India and the U19 series in England in July
Bupa National Cricket Centre (NCC) Head Coach Troy Cooley, Cricket Australia National Talent Manager Greg Chappell and State Talent Managers also had input into the selection of the squad.
CA also announced the 2015 Hampshire scholars, to play club cricket in England funded through the Kerry Packer Foundation. The four players will be living in Southampton and train at the Elite International Cricket Academy at the Ageas Bowl in Hampshire.
2015 Kerry Packer Foundation scholars
Tom Andrews (NT/SA, English club Bashley Rydal)
Ben Ashkenazi (VIC, English club Lymington)
Jake Doran (NSW/TAS, English club Henley) *until 29 June; then James Bazley (QLD) through to end of program
Sean Willis (TAS, English club Ventnor)
Select Australia A players will also spend time with the NPS at the NCC to assist with their preparation prior to the Australia A tour to India on 19 July.
The U19 players will travel to the UK on 25 July to play a series against England U19s to coincide with the men's and women's Ashes series.