Aaron Finch has been named Captain of the player voted 2019 ACA All*Star Marsh Cup Team of the Year, released today.
Finch was named as the team's opening batsman, which features nine players who have represented Australia in some form of the game.
Finch was thrilled to be named alongside many of his Australian teammates, highlighting the strength of the 2019 edition.
"It's always an honour, and means more, to be voted by your peers into an ACA Team of the Year," he said
"To be named Captain of the Marsh Cup side is an extra bonus, and I am really thankful for my fellow players' support."
Finch said that the improvements made to the Marsh Cup this year were good steps to increasing the importance and profile of One-Day Domestic Cricket in Australia.
"This season's Marsh Cup had many improvements on previous seasons, which made for a far stronger tournament," he said.
"Playing on Test grounds such as the Gabba and the MCG is a great learning experience for players looking to play at the next level, and is ideal preparation for the Australian team.
"The expanded schedule allowed for extra games, and was played over a longer tournament period, which I think produced more competitive cricket.
"It was also pleasing that so many of the current Australian team were able to play in the tournament, and perform so well as to be selected in the side as well," Finch concluded.
The side featured four players from the victorious Western Australian team, who lifted the trophy in Brisbane two weeks ago.
Shaun Marsh, Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Agar and Nathan Coulter-Nile all polled strongly, alongside Queenslander's Usman Khawaja and Mark Steketee.
South Australian Callum Ferguson earned the number four position, with Alex Carey and Wes Agar (12th Man) also rewarded for fantastic tournaments.
New South Wales' Daniel Hughes and Tasmania's Jackson Bird made up the twelve players selected by their fellow players.
The 2019 ACA All*Star Marsh Cup Team
1. Aaron Finch (VIC) (C) - 409 runs | 81.80 ave | 100s: 2
2. Dan Hughes (NSW) - 440 runs | 73.33 ave | 100s: 2 | 50s: 1
3. Usman Khawaja (QLD) - 398 runs | 79.6 ave | 100s: 2 | 50s: 1
4. Callum Ferguson (SA) - 403 runs | 57.57 ave 100s: 2 | 50s: 1
5. Shaun Marsh (WA) - 389 runs | 55.57 ave | 100s: 1 | 50s: 2
6. Marcus Stoinis (WA) - 245 runs | 35 ave | 100s: 1 | 12 wickets | 24.17 ave | BB 4/50
7. Alex Carey (SA) (WK) - 279 runs | 46.5 ave | 7 catches | 50s: 3
8. Ashton Agar (WA) - 8 wickets | 34 ave | 133 runs | 26.6 ave | BB 3/51
9. Nathan Coulter-Nile (WA) - 17 wickets | 18.94 ave | BB 5/48
10. Mark Steketee (QLD) - 13 wickets | 21.31 ave | BB 4/25
11. Jackson Bird (TAS) - 11 wickets | 20.55 ave | BB 6/25
12. Wes Agar (SA) - 11 wickets | 20.73 ave | BB 5/40