Australian Cricketers' Association President Greg Dyer and Executive member Janet Torney held a media conference in Sydney today to talk about the ACA's view on proposed sanctions, player welfare and fixing the culture of cricket.
Included in the media conference was the ACA's proposed outline for the Terms of Reference that should form the basis of the Independent Cultural Review in to Cricket.
Culture in the Game of Cricket Terms of Reference
The ACA suggest that an independent person or group of people conducts a review into the culture of cricket in Australia.
That independent person or group of people reports to a cross Cricket Australia and ACA Panel.
The Independent Person or Group of People will report to the Panel by October 1 2018 at the latest.
The Review will:
- Assess the state of the current culture of Australian cricket;
- Examine the contributing elements to this culture;
- Seek contributions from groups including Government, Cricket Australia, State Associations, Grade Clubs, Junior Cricket, and sponsors (past and present) the ACA, former and current generations of players;
- Take submissions from the public;
- Consider any other matters it deems relevant; and
- Make recommendations to improve this culture and review their implementation.