Grants for Lifelong Health & Wellbeing
The season 2014-2015 past player Personal Development Grants are still open. Registrations will close 31st October 2014. Over 200 members have already registered.
The ACA strongly believes in a proactive approach to staying healthy. We are again offering all past players a financial grant to support health, wellbeing, career and education after cricket. Last season the ACA supported over 350 members with $650 each. We hope to support more than 450 people this season.
How to Register
- Life members – confirm your contact details online and select the Personal Development Grant option
- Annual members – renew your membership online and select the Personal Development Grant option
Username: aca plus first initial and surname (i.e. acajsmith)
Password: surname (i.e. smith)
Or call the ACA Office on 03 9698 7200 to process your application over the phone.
The ACA has allocated $240,000 for this initiative, which will be equally distributed to all registered members. For example; if 700 members register it will be $340 each, if 500 register it will be $480 each.
The Past Player Program, and the broader ACA, has set aside additional funds to support members experiencing significant health and/or financial hardship. If you are aware of a member in need of support please contact an ACA staff member.
The current male players have committed this funding to acknowledge the contribution all past players have made to the game. In 2013, the ACA negotiated a 26% share of Cricket Australia's profits from the 2015 World Cup to run the Past Player Game and Personal Development Program until June 2017. This is therefore a direct contribution from the current male players to the past male and female players. The current male players would normally be entitled to a set share of the revenue generated by Australian cricket.
The ACA will announce the allocation per member in December 2014, once all registrations have been received.
Registered members will be reimbursed for costs associated with any of the following services, up to the allocated amount per member:
- Health insurance premiums (i.e. Bupa, Medibank, NIB, HCF)
- Gym/Sports clubs memberships (i.e. gym, swimming pool, bowls club)
- Fitness equipment (i.e. treadmill, rowing machine)
- Medical appointments (i.e. physio, massage, dental)
- Education, training, skill development (i.e. courses, workshops)
- Career development (i.e. career coach, conferences)
- Income protection or business insurance
- Will preparation
- Prepaid funeral preparation
- Financial health check
To receive your grant payment you will be need to provide proof of payment and a reimbursement form between February and March 2015. Details will be distributed in January 2015.
Grant payments will be made between April and May 2015.
You should have received personalised information recently via email or mail. If not, contact the ACA office on 03 9698 7200 or email@example.com.