The ACA Premier Cricket Program has been designed to support ACA members in their post-cricket lives via a program that retains and harnesses the skill, experience and knowledge of ACA Members to identify, instruct and inspire talent through both the male and female Premier Cricket pathways.
The objectives of the program are:
- Provide a platform for ACA members to remain in Premier Cricket through playing, coaching and talent identification roles.
- Narrow the gap between Premier Cricket and high performance/ domestic cricket;
- Create additional opportunities for clubs to support and enhance existing budgets and structures.
- Grow a sustainable program that ensures Premier Cricket remains the lifeblood of Australian Cricke.
- Retain first-class cricketers in Premier Cricket;
- Provide a higher level of Premier Cricket competition;
- Identify, instruct and inspire the next generation of Australian elite cricketers; and
- To balance Premier Club objectives with the development of emerging talent.
How do I apply for the ACA Premier Cricket Program?
Please read through this page, the brochure, position descriptions and fact sheet carefully to understand the program. once you have an understanding of the commitment and objectives of the program then please complete the appropriate form.
ACA members who wish to be a part of the ACA Premier Cricket Program in 2019/20 must complete a Member Registration form whether a relationship has already been discussed and established with a club or you are expressing your interest in the program. Members will need to sign in using their ACA Member login to gain access to this form.
Premier Cricket Clubs
It is the responsibility of Premier Cricket Club administrators to complete an application form once a working relationship with an ACA member has been discussed. This is still required for clubs who would like to continue a working relationship with their ACA Member from the 2018/19 season. this application process is also our way of maintaining up to date contact information.
Alternatively, if a Premier Cricket Club finds it difficult to establish a relationship with an ACA member, the club administrator can complete a 'Premier Cricket Club Vacancy' form which allows the club to identify the specific role they would like an ACA member to fill. This vacancy will then be published on our website and circulated to ACA Members.
Club administrators will need to enter the password sent to the club admin email address which will allow clubs access to the secure Premier Cricket Program section of the website. If you are unable to locate this information simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest and Application forms must be completed by the 31st of July 2019. This date is set to allow enough time to accept and return program agreements.