What is the ACA Past Player Program?
Designed to support our past players members in their post-cricket lives. The Program provides:
- Services and funding in the areas of health, wellbeing, education, training and career development.
- Paid opportunities to coach, mentor and inspire the next generation of cricketers and coaches.
What are the components of the Program?
There are two components to this Program:
1. Personal Development
We deliver a comprehensive Program of health and wellbeing services, as well as providing a Health and Wellbeing Grant to assist members with the costs involved in pursuing health, wellbeing, career or education development opportunities.
2. Game Development
We are using past players to deliver game development appearances focusing on participation, pathway coaching and coach development. Aimed at growing the game by drawing on the vast knowledge, skills and enthusiasm of those who've reached the elite level. All appearances will be paid, starting at $500.
How do I access the Personal Development Program?
- ACA Members can access up to 6 free sessions through Relationships Australia. This is a confidential service.
- Contact details for Relationships Australia can be found on your ACA membership card, or by contacting the ACA office on 03 9698 7200.
Medical Support Fund
- Members entering hospital for operations and medical procedures will be reimbursed up to $500 for out-of-pocket expenses. For those with Private Health Insurance, this will cover the excess payment. Apply online here
- Members requiring a more significant operation can be allocated up to $2000 to support out-of-pocket expenses. Applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- To access this service please contact Kylie Crowley email@example.com
Health Fair Day (held annually)
- Offering free health checks including vision testing, skin check, health check, bone density check, and back check-ups.
- Details and an invitation to the 2019 Health Fair Day will be communicated in the coming months.
Health & Wellbeing Grant
ACA past players can apply for an annual grant to assist with the costs of health, wellbeing, career or educational services. The grant amount for season 2018-19 season is $500 for Pension or Healthcare Card holders and $250 for all other members. Applications close 31st March 2019.
For further information please contact Vincent or Megan on 03 9698 7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I register for the Game Development Program?
You can register at any time to participate in the Game Development Program. Please contact your ACA State Coordinator or contact Molly Strano on 03 9698 7200 or email@example.com
Please note: All participating members must complete the Program Induction. Details on this will be provided on request.
How does the Game Development Program work?
The ACA are working in partnership with Cricket Australia and each of the State Associations to add value to their cricket programs and events. The five simple steps involved are:
- CA/State Association request the attendance of an ACA member at an event
- The ACA selects a suitable ACA member (from those Registered)
- The ACA confirms interest and availability of the ACA member for the event
- The ACA member conducts the Appearance
- The ACA pays the ACA member the agreed Appearance Fee (starting at $500)
For further information contact your ACA State Coordinator or Clea Smith.
Who is eligible to access the Program's benefits and services?
You must be a member of the ACA. The Program is predominantly for the benefit of past players, both male and female. Current female players with state contracts are also eligible for the Game Development component of the Program.
How is the Program being funded?
In the two most recent MOU negotiations, the ACA negotiated a share of Cricket Australia's profits from the 2015 World Cup and 2020 Twenty20 World Cups to be used exclusively to fund this Program.
It is important to note and acknowledge that the funding of this Program is a direct contribution from the current players to the past players. The current players would normally be entitled to these funds as player payments.
If you have any questions who do you contact?
- Clea Smith on 03 9698 7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory - Rina Hore on email@example.com
- Queensland - Lee Carseldine on firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Australia, Northern Territory - Wayne Phillips on email@example.com
- Tasmania - Nick Courtney on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Australia - Josh Mangan on email@example.com
- Victoria - Molly Strano on firstname.lastname@example.org